Friday, September 03, 2010

Sweet sweet Friday: Pretty in pink

There's a lot of angst in the developed (read: affluent) world about healthy eating; a lot of handwringing and deep thought and worry when we all know we have nothing to complain about when so many are going hungry.

But every once in a while it's good to lighten up and treat yourself - or be treated. I think the definition of the perfect present is something that you'd love but never buy. So it is with these beauties,brought over by a good fairy. I wish they'd invent scratch 'n sniff computer screens so you could try them too.

All this and a cherry on the top!
They might look like ordinary fairy cakes but once you bite in there's a whole lot of crazy stuff going on. That Barbie-pink carapace of glace icing hides a thin layer of sponge, a thick, creamy dollop of blueberry buttercream and a crisp shortcrust base.

If I could figure out how to make these I'd make a mint (which I'd then have to spend on elasticated waistbands, new teeth and a sugar-proof liver). Perhaps it's better to leave some things to the professionals.

Wishing you all a sweet, sweet Friday and a happy weekend. We're off to hunt for a new kitchen (and a house!) Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Don't they look pretty and scrumptious and wicked. Good luck you three as you embark on your next adventure on your life journey. May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds exciting...have fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my giddy aunt, they look extravagant!
    Sorry I can not help you with the polar bear questions, I dont know what noise they make. I think they make roar-rey noises too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for stopping by. If this was real life I'd make you a cup of tea and open the biscuit tin, but in lieu of those things, let's have a chat anyway...