Monday, April 27, 2015

Peaches, pistachio and chocolate

This is the inverse of Three Ways With - instead of being three ways with one ingredient, it's one way with three. Confused? Don't be. This photo explains everything.

Peaches With Pistachio And Chocolate

Peaches with pistachio and chocolate
This is such a simple idea I'm reluctant to call it a recipe. But it's worth sharing - not least because the the April edition of We Should Cocoa is all about no-bake things to do with chocolate. If you've got these ingredients close at hand, this is a five-minute job.

12 dried peach halves (I use the Alison's Pantry ones)
150g dark chocolate (I use Whittaker's Dark Ghana)
1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped

Lay the peach halves on a tray, cut side up.
Melt the chocolate - in a bowl over simmering water, or in a low oven - and spoon a little on top of each peach. Sprinkle each one with chopped pistachios and leave to set (about five minutes).
Serve immediately or store in an airtight tin.

Have a great week, everyone x

3 comments:

  1. Ooh err Lucy, these look totally lush and a great contrast of textures, flavours. and colours. I do admire your creative ideas. As for those peaches, I've never seen anything like them for sale over here. Thank you so much for your continued support of We Should Cocoa :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh scrumptious and not cake and healthy. Hurray. I'm just preparing for a bit of detoxing and healthier eating today I've already had fresh ginger and turmeric tea, and green tea. It's so good to know that I can make something like this that looks so tasty and is good for me.
    Thanks for sharing.
    dx
    ps great that you can store them too. Although I'm sure they wouldn't last long enough in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I definitely need to look out for some good dried peaches.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for stopping by. If this was real life I'd make you a cup of tea and open the biscuit tin, but in lieu of those things, let's have a chat anyway...