Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lovely blogs make the world go round


There are lots of things I love about blogging, but one of the things I love the most is finding kindred spirits. I started off thinking I was blogging for myself, but I've since learnt that having a blog is about feeling like you're part of a community.

I was really touched to receive this ever-so-lovely Liebster Blog award from Claire and Lucy at Crumbs recently. Crumbs is fab, it really is. Claire and Lucy are sisters and journalists and they write brilliantly about food and family life and all the other stuff that fills in the gaps. I wish I lived next door, but being able to stalk them via their blog (and Twitter) is nearly as good.

Even better, I now get to pass this award on. I've ummed and erred over these choices for ages because I find a new BFF blog nearly every day. This particular award is meant for new(ish) blogs and I've tried to pick three very different ones from three very different corners of the globe.

Lovely Wee Days belongs to three bloggers - are they sisters? friends? colleagues? - who share their favourite recipes and take beautiful photos. This is a New Zealand blog and from what I can tell the Lovely Wee Girls are geographically scattered. They bake on Thursdays, just in case you can't wait for a certain Sweet Sweet Friday...

Fake It 'Til You Make It is a window into the action-packed world of Peggy, a chef for hire who is currently cooking up a storm in France's Val d'Isere. I imagine her as kind of a female James Bond, but with a Sabatier knife instead of a gun. Peggy trained at Ballymaloe in Ireland and then worked at Ottolenghi in London. What's not to love about that?

Mealtime Meltdown is so new it's barely out of the packet. Liz is based in the UK and writes hilariously about keeping her family happy and well-fed. She also knows a nifty trick with mint sauce and I think she would be great fun to share a bottle of wine (or two) with.

Now, who are your favourite new(ish) bloggers? Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I think i get so caught up in my own blog world I rarely look at new bloggers, which is dreadful really because even i'm not that old to the game, so thanks for pointing these three out for us... a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three excellent choices! They are all great. And stalk away! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet, thank you so much for that incredible boost! I look forward to checking out your other suggestions too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ever so much for the shout out for Lovely Wee Days Lucy, oh and we consist of 2 sisters plus our very good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Peggy's blog as she won the first Forever Nigella with her super golden syrup muffins in a jar but I must go check out these other peeps.

    Aaaand I had the good fortune to meet Claire and Lucy from Crumbs last week and they're both LOVELY

    So many blogs, so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am definitely going to be checking out all these blogs. My house mates and I are all following the Crumbs blog! LOVES IT!
    My new favourite blooger is this one http://missmina-mina.blogspot.com/
    All the best, Natasha from the Rambles and Shambles blog
    www.theramblesandhshamblesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooh, just heading off to check out these blogs, all of which are new to me. Thanks for sharing and well done on your award ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for stopping by. If this was real life I'd make you a cup of tea and open the biscuit tin, but in lieu of those things, let's have a chat anyway...