Monday, October 14, 2013

Five favourite Instagram food feeds

I wasn't exactly an early adopter when it came to Instagram, but now I'm completely hooked. While we were on holiday - and therefore in several completely different time zones - I discovered lots of fun people to keep an eye on. Now that we're home again, the list is growing but I'm trying to keep a lid on it because there are only so many images you can look at in a day and still manage to function in the real world.


So, here are my current five favourite feeds. I've restricted it to food - regular readers will know I'm unlikely to fancy any Instagram accounts that feature too many cats (though I do make a couple of exceptions - including this one) - but I have lots of other must-sees in other fields. That's a subject for another time...

1. David Lebowitz - American pastry chef, Francophile, Paris resident, author - David Lebovitz could post photos of Parisian poubelles and his followers would 'like' them. While he posts plenty of shots of la vie quotidienne in Paris, the food shots will make you swoon.

2. 84th and 3rd - JJ (aka Jennifer Jenner) is another multi-tasker with a killer IG account. She's also the brains behind one of my favourite things on Instagram, the monthly 'Foodie Photo A Day' challenge, in which you take a photo a day to fit into a theme. You can find out more about that here. It's very addictive.

3. Food52 - It's no surprise that one of the world's best food websites (according to a poll I just conducted in my dining room) has a great Instagram. I really, really love Food52. It makes me wish I was young and brave and monied enough to pitch up on its New York doorstep and say, 'hi, I'll be your intern!' It's one of the few websites where either the readers are really smart and considerate, or they have a team of gun moderators.

4. Passports and Pancakes - Megan Fleiner's IG feed (and her website, Passports and Pancakes) are both so dreamy you'll want to hate her. But instead, you'll find yourself wishing that a) you took photos that were as pretty as hers and b) that you travelled as often. Sigh. Cute dog, too, if you like that sort of thing.

5. Sugar And Spice - Shirleen DOES post lots of pics of her cat, Cyrus, but I forgive her because I love seeing where she eats in Wellington (and, don't tell anyone, but that cat is kinda cute). Her restaurant/cafe photos are great, but what I love best are the shots of the amazing food she cooks at home.

Are you an IG-er? What are your favourite accounts? You can find me here - or I've also just embedded my photo feed here. Such fun!



2 comments:

  1. YAY- so glad you are on IG- love your blog so much, your crispy fish and soba noodles is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in such good company and glad you enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for stopping by. If this was real life I'd make you a cup of tea and open the biscuit tin, but in lieu of those things, let's have a chat anyway...