Wednesday, September 01, 2010

SPRING!


The birds have known it for weeks. Spring is coming, the earth is warming up and everything is getting ready for the long, lush days ahead.

There's not the same incredible feeling of rebirth as in the northern hemisphere - particularly not in this corner of the world, where evergreen trees light up the dull winter landscape - but it's exciting all the same.

This will be another big time of change for us and the lengthening days make me feel like I might just have enough energy. In the meantime, there's always tea and cake. I really wanted to post the recipe for Great Aunty Shirley's Madeira Cake (as pictured above, made into butterfly cakes), but I'm not confident that I've got it right. Yet. But I'll let you know when I have!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to the recipe, sounds (and looks) yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for how good these are! Thank you for a lovely morning on the first day of spring.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for stopping by. If this was real life I'd make you a cup of tea and open the biscuit tin, but in lieu of those things, let's have a chat anyway...